If you are looking for how to create a Hotmail account, in this article we will explain step by step how to have one. Here is the stepwise instruction for how creating a hotmail account in Hotmail:
- To create an account using outlook.com, visit https://signup.live.com or clicking here the official website of Hotmail.
- You can see a registration form on your screen. Enter the details as required in the form.
- In the first two fields you have to enter your first and last name.
- You need to enter your username in the next text field. You can use any email ID as your user name or you can get a new mail address.
- You can select the new Microsoft account to be Hotmail.com or Outlook.com from the dropdown menu on the right field.
- Next, you have to create a strong password that has at least 8 characters. See to find out how to create the password. Make sure that you use upper case and lower case letters as well as numbers in your password to make it difficult to guess by other people but, an easy one to remember for you.
- In the next field reenter the password for confirmation.
- Select and enter the country/ region from where you are using the service from the drop down menu in the next field.
- Enter the zip code of your country.
- Enter the birth date with month, day and year in the column by using the drop down menu.
- Select your gender from the drop down options.
- Specify your country code in the area provided.
- Now enter your contact phone number in the column provided.
- Provide an alternate email address if you have one. This will be useful in case you have any difficulty in accessing your account later.
- Microsoft soft wants to ensure that a real person is creating the account and hence you need to fill the next field. You need to enter the characters you see in the captcha code in the given space. If the characters are difficult to identify for you, you can opt for new one or for an audio option.
- Go on to find the remaining steps in creating the account. If you want to receive the promotional offers from Microsoft click in the small square provided. This is optional and you can unsubscribe this any time you want.
- You can agree to the Microsoft services agreement and privacy and cookie statement by just clicking on the blue button to ‘create account’.
Hotmail, the free email service from Microsoft, is now available at outlook.com with better design and features and security options. The new Outlook interface makes it easy to use, clutter free and free from intrusive ads. It is easy to scan for information in email conversations, navigate the web pages using the keyboard shortcuts and label messages according to the content or priority with the newly added features. You can easily reach the social sites like Facebook and Twitter with the Outlook.com account.
Check your Hotmail ID
You can check whether the newly created Hotmail ID in Outlook.com is accessible to you. You can test your hotmail login by going to the Hotmail or Outlook.com homepage and logging in using the username and password you created for the Hotmail account.
Hotmail Login with 2-step authentication
If you want to make your Hotmail account secure you can opt for the 2-step authentication. With this you will not be able to login to the account with your password alone. You will need to use the special code generated by Outlook.com and send to your alternate email ID or your phone to login to the account.
How to add a Hotmail.com account to iPhone and iPad
You need to add your hotmail.com account or outlook.com account to the mail app of your iPhone or iPad in order to use these devices to access your hotmail account.
- First, go to the settings of the device and select the mail option.
- Now click on the add account option and select hotmail or outlook.
- You will have to enter your Outlook.com address, your password for the account and a description of your account and click the “next” button.
- You will be able to sync various items like contact list, calendar and mails by selecting them.
By adding a Hotmail account to the iPhone you will be able to check mails and send mails when you are on the move.