The following are the steps involved in Hotmail login sign in process if you already have a Hotmail account.
Hotmail login steps
- Visit the hotmail.com or www.outlook.com sign in page using your favorite web browser.
- You will be taken to the Microsoft Outlook sign in page. You will find two type fields on the page with username or phone number and password written in the fields.
- In the first type box, you should key in your username that ends with hotmail.com.
- In the subsequent type box, you need to key in your password exactly the same that you have typed when creating your Hotmail account.
- If you miss even one letter or character or if the CAPS LOCK is activated when keying our password, then you will be denied access to the Hotmail account.
- Once the correct username and password is entered, you just need to click on the sign in option to get instant access to your Hotmail inbox. Now, you can send or read your messages.
If you would like to sign in Hotmail, then you should have a Hotmail account created in your name. This is the only way you can get access to your Hotmail emails. Hotmail is now changed for good and you will not be able to access the Hotmail sign in page site. Even if you type the hotmail.com address in the web browser’s address bar, you will be directed to Windows Live Hotmail sign in page or the outlook.com sign in page. There is nothing to get worried about. You can still access your Hotmail emails through this new sign in page. The main thing is that you should type your email address in the username, type box that ends with @hotmail.com to access Hotmail emails.
Hotmail Sign in using an alias
You have the option to sign in to your Hotmail account using an additional email address. You can use any alias that you want, but the password must be the one that you used when creating your Hotmail account. Hotmail allows you to create and use as many as 10 aliases for one Hotmail account every year.
- Open the web browser and visit www.hotmail.com.
- In the Hotmail or Microsoft Outlook sign in page, you should key in your username and password and enter your Hotmail account.
- You will now have to select the info option to make changes to your Hotmail account.
- In the info option, locate Manage your sign in email or phone number option and then look for Add email alias.
- Click on the e-mail alias and then key in the new email address in the space for the same.
- Once done, click on Add alias option. One thing you should make sure is that the new alias email address you choose must be unique and not used by anyone so far.
- Hotmail Sign in Help when using Hotmail
There might be a few technical issues or manual mistakes that might prevent you from logging in to Hotmail. The following are some of the common sign-in problems and the ways that you can overcome them.
- Invalid username and password
If you enter your username or password incorrectly, then you will not be allowed to access your Hotmail inbox. Try re-entering your correct username and password. If it still does not work, then choose the ‘click to recover hotmail password’ option and follow the instructions to reset your password.
- Internet connection problems
If you experience sign-in problems when using Hotmail, then you need to check if the internet connection is working and also see if the internet settings are correct. Try refreshing the Hotmail sign-in page and then try to sign in once again.
- Hotmail server down
There might be some server problems and this might lead to Hotmail going down. You can check if the Hotmail is down or not by visiting the link http://downrightnow.com/hotmail.
The browser history and the cookies might sometimes interrupt your Hotmail sign-in process. It is ideal that you delete the cookies and browsing history once every 15 days to get free access to Hotmail sign in.